Re: adhesions after achilles tendon reconstruction

Wed Nov 15 19:39:08 2000

Educate yourself about adhesions, is the first thing you should do. It is not uncommon to have adhesion formation in other parts of the body, which one would think unlikely.

Arm yourself with educated questions to take back to your current physician and/or new one. Such as (others may add to this):

1. What type of prevention methods were used previously? If none, suggest interceed barriers or one of the other widely available adhesion barriers.

2. Ask if they are knowledgeable in adhesion preventions? Take your research, let them know, that if they are not, that you are.

3. Would he/she be willing to use a preventative method? If so, you would like before and after reports for your personal records.

Just simply EDUCATE yourself. Construct your own questions, that are specific to your needs.

I had knee surgery about 1 1/2 years ago, 6 weeks after, my condition was the same as before the surgery. During my physical therapy, I notice a large hump at the back of my knee, in the bend. I ask my therapist why it was there and what was it and he casually said "oh it's scar tissue or adhesions, it shouldn't be a problem"!

Mind you, I have been dealing with pelvic/abdominal adhesions for 10 years now, with many surgeries behind me, so I knew better.

At any rate, I hope this has helped a little. I'm sure some of the other IAS family will share thier thoughts on the subject as well.

Hugs, your friend...Renee

--- anonymous <anonymous@YM_M4I5S3S_5.com> wrote: > I have YM_M4I5S3S_6. I have recently had surgery on
> my right YM_M4I5S3S_7
> tendon, an YM_M4I5S3S_8 tendon reconstruction. Six
> weeks after surgery I
> developed problems. An ultrasound showed a
> YM_M4I5S3S_9. the surgery was
> done again but the problem was not a YM_M4I5S3S_10

but > adhesions had formed
> rendering the foot non YM_M4I5S3S_11 again .How do I

now > that this will not
> be the outcome of the surgery after the surgery.What
> needs to be done
> differently.