Negative Vibes.

Sun Nov 12 21:29:15 2000

Dear Friends, I will tell you up front who I am so there is no confusion to whether I have your best interest at heart. My name is Kath Findlay and I am the founder/coordinator of the UK adhesion Society and I am officially affiliated to the IAS. I do not wish to interfere, but I find it hard to sit back and watch the same thing happen all over again as has happened over the last few months.

I have read these posts for a number of months, and have gained so many answers to my questions. Even though David Wiseman has given me reams of statistics, there is still a lot of information about adhesions that I want to learn.

It is very difficult to tell if these posts are from marketers, or from genuine ARD sufferers. You can also be both. if I worked for a company that made or produced products that might help ARD sufferers I would probably tell you all about them in the hope that someone might gain something from it.

We need all the help we can get. I think as long as we are in an open forum from time to time it is inevitable that we will get marketers.

When I first came on to this forum I thought a certain person was promoting something. I wont go into who and what, because the outcome was I was wrong, but it took me a few posts to realise that this person was genuine. In fact if I had aired my suspicions I would have been crucified. So in future. I will wait until someone asks to see the colour of my money before I get suspicious.

We have to give people the benefit of the doubt or we will end up stopping genuine carers, be they ARD sufferers or not posting on this forum. We are really lucky to have a forum like this, full of friends, friends who feel protective enough to make sure that no one is trying to deceive us and we should be thankful for that, but the pulpous of this forum is for ARD sufferers to feel that they are not alone, that they can write and tell us when they are having a good day. Which gives us hope that one day that could be me. They can tell us that they are in their deepest darkest place and we can help them, give them support and encouragement.

I've been there, I know what it's like to feel that you just to want to die. I also know as you all know how good it feels to have support, to know that if you need to say something negative, you can, and they will still be there for you. I know that sometimes when we are not feeling too good. We find it hard to cope with these negative posts, but we must try. Usually its the person who needs you the most, is the one who is in deep pain and feeling negative. I am sure we have all felt like this at sometime or another.

The best way to handle this is to try and ignore the posts that upsets you. I think most people who post are genuine and the rest are not worth getting yourself upset about. Put all your energy into getting yourself well.

I hope anyone reading this who feels that we are not worthy of their posts, will remember that most of us are in constant pain, up one day down the next and anything that was said in negativity on this forum was said with the best of intentions. We must stick together to fight this debilitating disease, not each other.

In friendship Kath

PS Donna, I would be most interested to hear what you know about pain blocks. from klfindlay@adhesions.org.uk

PPS Re battery operated hot water bottle, I think it was Mary. We have what is called a hot cold pad, I don't know if you can get them in the States. Basically it is clear plastic bag about 8-10" long by about 4" wide, filled with a blue gel. I was given one when I was in hospital 10 years ago. You heat it up in a bowl of water in the microwave, and put it next to your body where it hurts. As long as it is on your body it will stay hot. It also works in reverse if you need a cold compress you just put it in the freezer. they are flexible, so they fit the shape of your body. They cost aprox $6 I love mine I sleep with it in the small of my back and its still hot in the morning.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: