Re: adhesions in London

Sun Nov 12 18:33:08 2000

Hi Helen:

Sorry I didn't see your post. I am also sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time. I know what you mean about seeing a therapist. I am seeing one right now and on antidepressants because I am having a bad time living with the constant pain along with the inability to work. Three yrs ago I had a ruptured appendix with a horrible recovery, almost died. Then lost 3 months of work. I was doing fine with tolerable pain, back spasms since the surgery. Then this year in June began having unbearable pain in the right lower abd and back and rectal pressure. Find out it's a large mass. Had exploratory surgery just to find out it's a ball of adhesions, which was drained but filled up within 2 weeks causing same horrible pain. Now I am scheduled for laparoscopy surgery in Scranton with Dr. Redan and Dr. Reich on Nov 22. Hope they can remove this mass and I can get back to work by the new year. I can sympathize with your feelings. I know people are sick of hearing how bad I feel and I try to put on a good front but it is hard. Especially when the holidays are coming and it should be a happy time.

Please don't get discouraged. Our "main leaders" are in Germany right now and I am sure they will have lots of information for you soon. Keep in touch.

kathy l

At Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Helen M wrote: >
>Sorry, but did I rant on a bit about my adhesions problem? Or did I not
>come across as desperately in pain enough for a reply? I sit here in the
>office on Sunday only because I was so hoping to hear from someone who
>may have read my email - I'm not in a good way and hoping for any kind
>of advice on perhaps seeing one of these recommended surgeons in Germany
>or the States. Please write, somebody!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: