Re: positive attitude

Sat Nov 4 04:01:14 2000

Hi everyone, I can really relate to those bad days. I haven't been able to sleep due to pain and I can understand totally about being tired of being sick. I get so aggravated. I know the holidays are coming up and being in pain all the time. I really just dread them. I am usually really excited at holidays. I guess just knowing there is something that can be done and getting to the point of being able to get it done seem so far away. When things seem so hopeless I take it to God and that helps. But being awake night after night with pain and only sleeping two hours at a time has really taken its toll out on me and my family. I was so ashamed of myself the other night. I have some really good friends that help allot with errands and housework and such to take some of the load off Dewitt. Anywise I was in one of my bad moods and just not having sleep and then all these meds. I went and yelled at them for no real reason but at the time I thought it was justified until I got a couple hours of sleep and two days to myself when I called and apologized. They were great and said they understood. How they could understand was beyond my comprehension. I am not even sure I understand. I thank God for my friends here and on line. I have always let everyone know that I am grateful for all they have done. I guess they are just wonderful people. I hope that I would be that understanding if the tables were turned.

Well I go to new pain management therapy next week. So keep up the prayers. Right now I just want some relief so I could actually go to sleep and sleep 4 hours in a row. I am not holding my breath but with all that I have learned on here that new Dr. better watch out because I am not up to no crap this time around....

I have one question, I have been passing out allot lately. Sometimes two to three times a day. Is anyone else having these problems.

Thanks for all. I love you all and know that one day we will all beable to get the surgery.

love Terri -----Original Message----- From: Kathy L. <kjlu9857@velocity.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Date: Friday, November 03, 2000 9:44 PM Subject: Re: positive attitude

>Hi Everybody:
>
>I was checking in on the forum and was comforted to know that we are all
>having bad days. I know that sounds kind of stupid, but I have been
>very depressed these last few weeks. Crying all of the time. Feeling
>sick and tired of being sick and tired. I appreciate having people to
>share this with. Family just can't understand sometimes how tough it is
>to constantly put up with pain. Everyday you wake up and think, okay, I
>don't feel so bad today, and then the same pain takes over.
>
>Thanks for the positive thinking advice Verna. I know it will help. I
>also got some relaxation tapes, and I have thought about keeping a
>journal. I think I will try that too.
>
>Take care,
>
>Kathy L.
>
>At Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Verna Cohen wrote:
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Me again! Toni and Nanc, I hope I didn't sound corny or false when I
>>wrote about staying positive. I do know how hard it is. For this past
>>month I have been very depressed and feeling without hope while I have
>>been dealing with different docs who don't understand or won't help and
>>the pain I was suffering was terrible. My doc thought I tore stomach
>>muscle on top of the adhesions. Excrutiating. I found that my illness
>>was consuming my thoughts and I've been lower than low. It is just
>>within the past few days that I've tried to pull myself up out of it.
>>It is darn hard....but today while I was at work...it hit me like a
>>light bulb coming on that trying to boost my morale did actually make me
>>feel better. I could wake up tomorrow in a funk again.....I hope not.
>>I'll try to remind myself how I've been feeling the past few days when I
>>was up and determined to fight.....not give in. I have also been using
>>relaxation tapes before going to bed as well as writing out my
>>frustrations in a journal. It does help to get those emotions out.
>>OK.....enough cheerleading. As you can tell, I've been having a good
>>day today.
>>
>>In friendship,
>>Verna
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: