Sherry Marie, Staying in hospital.

Thu Oct 26 14:02:29 2000

Dear Sherry Marie, I am not surprised that you are worried about coming home straight after your surgery. Is this a normal procedure in the USA. The last thing I want to do is frighten you. Reading between the lines I feel you are already frightened.

You should discuss your fears with the surgeon doing your op. They are very experienced in what they do and although I am sure it will all go to plan, you should never feel guilty about wanting to stay an extra day or two, too be on the safe side. I am sure we would all feel the same in your position.

Where I come from in the UK, you are in hospital for 3 days min, for a lap and 5 to 10 days for major surgery. After my last surgery, I wanted to go home on the 7th day and my surgeon said no because I had a 2&1/2 hour journey but then there is no money involved as we have a national health servis here.

I don't know if this is the reason why your surgery is as an outpatient, but I do know this you are just as entitled to the best treatment as anyone else, you are just as special as anyone else. So don't be afraid to tell them how you feel. We are all praying for you, that's a lot of prayers to make sure you get the help you need and deserve, but you must have the courage to speak up for yourself. You are not silly, to want to stay a few days longer you are just human like the rest of us.

If it is not possible for you to stay in the hospital, then maybe you can stay in a hotel nearby for a few days. ( just a suggestion ) I will be thinking of you on Saturday, take care, I hope you get spoiled for a few days, you deserve it. Just keep thinking of how you will feel afterwards.

love Kate from the UK.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: