Kathy & bad days

Fri Oct 20 20:35:48 2000

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the response to my note. Dealing with doctors who are have closed their minds to adhesions is truly a nightmare. But I shall forge on of course...what else can we do.

I have problems with my emotions as well. Sometimes we are just on the rollercoaster of emotions and it makes total sense to me given what we have to deal with. I was almost making myself sick with worry just going to Stanford for the consultation because I kept rehearsing everything I wanted to say so that I could get her attention and make her see what was really happening. Well....it didn't work no matter how many sleepless nights were spent going over it.

The main thing I've learned through all of this is that we just have to be easy on ourselves. It is OK to feel every emotion in the book. I don't think it is a good thing to surpress it either. Let the emotions come, feel them then let them pass. I think most of us have become true fighters and with out trying too hard we'll find ourselves getting back on track emotionally.

Make a list of the things that absolutely have to get done before surgery and try and work on those. AND to heck with the rest of it........it always works out! Trust me....I just spent the worse nervous sick week waiting for the Stanford visit and it didn't help one darn bit. This is your time to take care of yourself!!! Your turn! My mom's favorite saying is "This too shall pass." All the worries going through your mind will either dissolve or hey.....they'll be waiting there for ya once you are feeling better. :-) Time to be kind to Kathy, take care of Kathy and most of all cut her some slack.

Can't wait to hear about how great you are feeling once you are postop. Hey....how about making a "positive" (fun) list of things you'd like to do once you feel better? Write some of your negative emotions down in a journal.....read them back much later when you are feeling super and you'll say "sheesh...I really should have mellowed out". Easier said than done I know....but I might just take a dose of my own medicine and do the same.

Smiles & hugs for Kathy! Verna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: