Re: bad couple of days...Kathy

Fri Oct 20 19:46:23 2000

Kathy,

Try the plane. It is a wonderful experience! I have learned to just sit there and watch the scenery! It would be much easier for you to make a 2 hour flight versus a 7-8 hour drive. I was very afraid my first few times.....now I trust them more than the big ones...those pilots have their own lives at stake.

It has been a bad few days here....no pain relief from the new meds....or the spinal block and then yesterday I went to the mall and proceeded to leave my purse/bag in the shopping cart out in the mall parking lot. When I realized it five minutes later it was already gone....nowhere to be found. With all the schedule 2 narcotics in it I made sure I called the police....not much they can do about it...but at least I feel better notifying them that they are out and about. You don't realize the relief that they do give you until you have nothing.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: Kathy L. <kjlu9857@velocity.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 7:17 PM Subject: Re: bad couple of days...Kathy

> Thanks so much Sherrie. I really needed your words of encouragement. We > also have a 7-8 hour drive to Scranton. I am checking into Angel Flight > but not sure if I will tolerate the trip in a small plane. You know I > wish you well with your surgery and my prayers are with you for a speady > recovery. > > Please be sure and keep all of us posted. > > Kathy L. > > At Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Sherry Marie wrote: > > > >Kathy, I can relate with what you are saying. I too have my surgery > >date coming up in Scranton, Oct. 30th!!! We have to remember that when > >you suffer from a chronic illness, depression is a normal reaction. We > >have so much to think about and do before we have our surgery. The > >money, traveling someplace new, and undergoing yet another surgery. But > >on a positive note, we are so fortunate to have this wonderful > >opportunity to have the best surgeons in the country that have agreed to > >help us! My surgeon here refused to help me, he had performed all my > >adhesion surgeries and I really felt abandoned. But I feel everything > >happens for a reason. I sure wish we were going to be there at the same > >time! But I will be there in spirit and I will share my experience with > >you as soon as I can. I have to travel about 7 or 8 hours to get there > >and I do not want to come home too soon after the surgery. I have made > >a list of questions to ask the doctors when I get there, I'm sure they > >will ease my mind. I have experienced bowel obstructions after surgery > >and I am a little frightened at the prospect of traveling home too soon. > >But I am so ready to get some relief from this pain. Just think, this > >is the best chance possible for us! I'm sure tomorrow will be a better > >day for you! Your friend, Sherry Marie >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: