Re: Insurance Appeal

Sat Oct 14 20:24:59 2000

Not to scare anyone away from Drs. Reich and Redan but my insurance company only kicked in about $10,000 of the $25,000 bill from the famous doctors. Although the doctors have written that they will not bill us any additional monies we will not be getting any of the $4,000 back that we prepaid to them.

We do plan to appeal, but will need some help from others that have had the surgery and perhaps your insurance carrier paid more then ours. If you would like to share that information with me it would be of great help. Our insurance agent said he wanted to see if perhaps they are on the low end of insurance carriers, although we have Blue Cross and Blue Shield. He went to battle to get as much money as we got from them.

I also thought perhaps those of you that have had previous surgeries with doctors that were not as experienced as these, have had to have additional surgeries, and are still suffering,need more surgery, could contribute this information.

One cannot put a dollar sign on one's health, therefore, please don't let this information persuade you not to have surgery with these doctors.

Any information or advice would certainly be appreciated.

Thank you,

--
Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: