Re: Urge incontinence related to ARD??.....Please share your experience

Fri Oct 13 22:33:23 2000

Several years ago, I was constantly feeling a great deal of pressure on my bladder, as if I had to go. I discussed this with my gyn and he referred me to a Urologist for further testing. The initial test revealed a that my bladder had dropped due to carrying and delivering my child, but also due to my history with adhesions and the area in which they are, this also contributed to strong urges, as well as accidents. Shortly after, I had the adhesions taken down, which revealed the pressure. But as a rule, as the adhesions reform, the pressure returns. This is a catch 22 situation, in my particular circumstances. The urologist suggested keggles and crunches, simply to help the muscles in that area stay strong. But I must tell you, crunches are impossible and keggles don't seem to help either. The only thing that has helped has been the take down of the adhesions, but this has been a short lived solution. Since my bladder hasn't dropped enough to warrant surgery, the next best thing is surgery for adhesions as a remedy. This may not have helped much, but I shared it with you anyway. Hugs, your friend --- Helen Dynda <olddad66@runestone.net> wrote: > I received a letter from a lady, who is having
> problems with both adhesions related disease( ARD )
> and urge incontinence. Please read about her
> concerns and then respond on the IAS Message Board -
> if you are having problems similar to hers. Thank
> you!!
>
> In her letter she said: "Would you know if urge
> incontinence is related to ARD? I also have this
> problem, which is going to require further surgery.
> The Urologist is uncertain - until he goes in to do
> the operation - if these two can be related.
>
> "I would be interested to know of any case histories
> that involve ARD and bladder problems."
>

=====

--
Renee Madron
Richmond Adhesion Society
Richmond, IN
madron2@yahoo.com

Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: