Abandoned....my docs have given up

Sun Oct 8 14:45:19 2000

Hi everyone...

Here I am, still in constant pain. No relief, and no hope of relief because my docs have pretty much written me off. I have called my gyn/oncologist 3 times and she never called back. Even when I begged the receptionist to please put on the message that I was desperate and getting no help. My regular gyn is taking care of my pap smears every few months but isn't willing to address the pain issue or do anything about it. She passed me on to my primary care doc. My primary care doc prescribed narcotics for awhile but will no longer prescribe them. She has referred me to a pain clinic and a psychiatrist. I went to the pain clinic once but they made me so mad, I just can't see myself going back there and actually giving it a chance. So now I am left with a psychiatrist appointment next week and that's it. None of my docs are doing anything to help the pain. I'm 29 with no hope of ever getting relief. Heck, I can't even get a few hours of relief because my docs won't prescribe pain meds anymore. Thier only reasoning behind that is that I've been on them too long and they don't want me to get addicted. So I am left with nothing. The docs all say that the lymphatic cyst I have isn't big enough (although it is the size of a baseball) to be causing the type of pain I am experiencing and that adhesions aren't painful. I seriously disagree but they won't listen. The CT scan showed nothing except the baseball size cyst so they don't know what else to do. So where does that leave me? In pain and miserable with no hope of ever getting better. I also have Fibromyalgia and I think that probably is contributing to the amount of pain I am feeling but, of course, when docs hear I have FM...they automatically write me off as a mental case. I am seriously considering sending my medical info to Drs. Reich and Redan and I think they may be last hope. The pain is so bad right now I would do just about anything for a single pain pill...just to get an hour or two of reduced pain. Regardless of what the constitution says, Cruel and unusual punishment is alive and well in the US. I am so frustrated and really losing hope fast....somebody has to be able to do something!

Thanks for always being here...I would have lost my mind long ago without you.

Take Care, Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: