Re: Painful bowel movements from Adhesions?

Fri Oct 6 19:23:00 2000

Annie,

I just had abdominal surgery in May. I had 2 bowel resections (sm & lg) and lyisis of an adhesion that had created an almost total obstruction.

I too had very painful bowel movements. I was also going at least 10 times a day. My surgeron had me eat yogart (natural) and within a few days my intestines had quieted down. He said it was from all the antibiotic I had had. I still had the pain but at least it was only a couple times a day. I started stretching as soon as the Dr. gave me the ok and that helped alot. I now go to a personel trainer 2 times a week and this has really helped. I still have problems but I feel better working out and I really feel that doing all that stretching helps. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

--
Donna

At Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Annie wrote: > >New to this site and really need some answers! I had a four hour long >laparotomy 3 weeks ago for a left ovarian mass. A complete >oomphorectomy was done along with removal of the mass. My Ob-Gyn told >me I had massive adhesions (probably due to partial hysterectomy 2 years >ago)and that all my organs were "cemented" together. He told me that he >removed most of the adhesions and that if I had to have another surgery, >I would probably end up with a colostomy! My problem now is that >whenever I have a bowel movement >(5-6 times a day, which I never experienced before!!)there is a >tremendous cramping and pulling sensation over my whole abdominal area >from under my ribcage down to my bladder!! Could this be from adhesions >in the upper abdominal area as well?? Has anyone else felt this type of >pain and pulling sensation?? Please advise.... > >Thank you.... > >-- >Annie >

--
Donna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: