Re: Are adhesions "one of the best hidden secrets of modern medicine"...? Posted again for Bev...

Wed Oct 4 22:06:22 2000

At Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Bernie and Beverly Doucette wrote:

And we know why that is one of the best hidden secrets of modern medicine don't we!!!

Would YOU have had a surgery if you knew that ARD lurked in every surgery room in the world!! And in my opinion, this disease is caused by sheer pit negligence of the surgeons!!! If one or two or three surgeons CAN offer a decrease in reformed adhesions and - in my case 90%pain reduction and full function - why did this happen in the first place! And why was there so much residual blood left in my abdominal cavity which were then covered with adhesions more and more following each surgery? Could it be that it simply takes the surgeon too long to clean up after themselves following the surgery? Or don't they really have a clue as to what that crap left in there would do...and keep this in mind, even today, this is being done following interabdominal surgical procedures...no cleanup or clot evacuations...and they don't have a clue why people get adhesions!! Scary huh! And they are doing the surgeries!!

Many surgeons even admit that they don't know about adhesions; and many state that once they got inside a patient, who presented with chronic post surgical pain, they saw nothing that would cause that problem....all they found was " adhesions! " tethering down the patients organs, that's all they found!!! And they just cut those adhesions down...like they didn't know they would reform even worse? If WE know that, how can they NOT know that!! Now THAT is even more scary! Maybe WE should start placing an M.D. behind our names..

Why was it that Dr. Reich & Redan and Korell's adhesiolysis technique calls for all and any foreign matter such as clotted blood, endo implants, etc.. be meticulously cleaned up at the end of their adhesiolysis procedure? They hydrate the bowel and cavity during surgery, and are constantly flushing the cavity with ringers solution in an attempt to keep it clean and detect any small bleeders etc...and why is it that the incidence of reformed problematic painful adhesions is less in patients undergoing THIS type of adhesiolysis procedure? Is it skill and techinique alone? Or might it simply be that they are correct in that adhesions are the body's defense system and are trying to protect the other internal organs from sepsis ( poisoning ) from foreign bodies such as blood clots and endo implants among other things like poisoning from the fluid of a ruptured appendix!

I believe that adhesions are the result of a casually performed surgical procedure that is done by a sloppy, lazy surgeon who DOES know what he is doing to that patient; and that he also knows very well that, what he is doing in performing an adhesiolysis as someone unskilled in this procedure, it will in all probability create even further damages to the patient! I am also convinced that this is exactly what MY surgeon did to me in each of my adhesiolysis procedures prior to going to Dr. Reich!

In fact, I was SHOCKED to see that following my adhesiolysis surgery with Dr. Reich and viewing my own surgical procedure on video that the prior surgeon had not left his dirty socks in there as well!!!!! I guess there was SOME good news for me from those prior surgeries after all wasn't there!

Secret? Yes, it is a secret, but you will not find anyone on this site whispering about it anymore....and that is how we will win against those surgeons who deny adhesions are a medical condition in and of themselves and that most surgeons are NOT skilled in treating an ARD patient let alone performing a quality adhesiolysis!

It is like a pervert who wants to keep his secret when he is molesting little children, so he threatens them like some Drs threaten the ARD patient with a psychiatrist, or sending them from Dr. to Dr. and convincing them the pain is all in their head; and even after looking at operative reports that state adhesions were dense within the cavity, they try to convince the ARD patient that there should be no problems from them...some Dr's try to smoke screen their answers to patients so they don't have to address the real issues of adhesions - some get angry and shout at the patient, others are a bit more honest and say they haven't a clue, ( but I do think they DO have a clue but it is easier to say they don't have a clue as then they don't have to deal with it! ) And have just about seen it all by now as the postings come through here everyday....every excuse in the book of unethical medical practices are used on a person who presents with " pain of unknown origin following multiple surgeries " ..what could it be??? All diagnostic test's are negative...all organs except the heart have been removed, and nothing has ever been found as the cause of the pain...all that is left in the abdominal/pelvic cavity is cob webs..

Well, you know what I think??? I think those cob webs just might be..." ADHESIONS!" That's what I think!!!!! Glad you asked Helen...Thanks, that felt pretty good!

At Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Helen Dynda wrote:

Here is an excerpt from I letter I received yesterday:

"I' ve been reading a lot since I found the web, and I can only conclude that very delicate, precise and carefully performed surgery by doctors who understand the impact of what they do, can prevent adhesions to occur.

"If this happens to so many people, and yet nobody ever hears about it, it must be 'one of the best hidden secrets of modern medicine'...."

I totally agree!! How about you?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: