Re: adhesions and bleeding?

Sun Oct 1 20:58:56 2000

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I experienced the same thing after my hysterectomy, but it wasn't because I had engaged in intercourse. I had lifted a bag of sugar off the floor and began to bleed. I went to my Dr. right away, I had busted 4 internal sutures, that hadn't dissolved completely. We attempted to use packing, which didn't work. The second attempt was to use a liquid substance that would allow blood to clot quickly (I have NO idea what that was). This was swabbed on, but it didn't work either. After 6 weeks, yes six weeks of having to use two maternity pads at a time, and a few other things, I had to have a secondary closure procedure. This was done vaginally, while I was under anesthesia, a couple of hours total and right back home. It did work, but all activity was extremely curtailed. Also, before, during, and after the immediate surgery, I was given something IV, to build my blood, due to the amount I lost. You really should go to your Dr. right away, it may not take care of itself (as we tend to think sometimes). Good luck! Hugs, your friend Renee

HGSS wrote:

> I am 7 mos post hysterectomy (LAVH. still have ovaries and cervix) and
> have suddenly experienced quite alot of bleeding after intercourse and
> now have lower back and abdominal discomfort. Bleeding has tapered off
> to some spotting and not as bright red. Could this be linked to
> adhesions?
>
> --
> HGSS
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: