Re: FDA warns women about side effects from irritable bowel treatment -- Lotronex!!!

Fri Sep 29 09:20:18 2000

Thanks for the information Helen! I just threw mine out! I know now why I have been so constipated! Thank you for all the information you get to us. You are a angel!

Terri -----Original Message----- From: Helen Dynda <olddad66@runestone.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Date: Thursday, September 28, 2000 8:27 PM Subject: FDA warns women about side effects from irritable bowel treatment -- Lotronex!!!

[] FDA warns women about side effects from irritable bowel treatment!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/women/08/25/lotronex.warning.ap/index.html [] August 25, 2000

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A popular new treatment for irritable bowel syndrome could cause severe intestinal side effects -- some requiring surgery -- that have already affected at least 19 women.

The Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday it had ordered Glaxo Wellcome Inc. to attach to every bottle of Lotronex a plain-English pamphlet explaining the risk, and that women should...

WARNING: If you have been prescribed Lotronex for irritable bowel syndrome, be sure to read this entire article!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: