Re: Dr. Reich was Bev's surgeon when....

Wed Sep 20 22:25:54 2000

This is Mary and I totally agree with Karla, I have had the privilage of sepnding a lot of time with Bev, this summer as you all know. Trust me there is no lack of energy there, she is like a fire ball when she gets going, and nothing can stop her. I also met two other ladies there who had the surgery with Dr.Reich and they showed no signs of any regrets. They all claim to be well, and they sure act like they have been cured. I also had the privilage of meeting dear sweet Karla this summer, and I will never forgot what I saw with her, I thought that my life was tough until I met Karla face to face and took a look at her abdominal. It was kind of like the saying " I COMPLAINED BECAUSE I HAD NO SHOES UNTIL I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET". I will never forget the wonderful experience of meeting Bev, Bernia and Karls, plus many, many more kind gernerous poeple in Bev's home town, I have had a rough time getting on my feet since the surgery, when I got back home to Calgay I basically crashed. Please everyone of you that that is haveing surgery please take a lesson from this, take it slow, and listen to your bodys. These surgeries are not easy, and it doesn' matter how you feel afterwards, you bodies need time to heal, and if you don't do it in the beginning, it does knock you down and makes the healing procees much longer. My energy just got up and went, and I still haven't been able to find it. I would like to put my entire story on here soon, hopefully I will get enough energy before my return trip to Germany I just want to tell you about my trip and how luvky that I was to have made a friend in Bev. I think that the IAS id a wonderful I hate to think where I would be today if it hadn;t found the IAS. As I get back some energy, I will share much more with you.

Mary from Canada.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Karla To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 10:33 PM Subject: Re: Dr. Reich was Bev's surgeon when....

I would like to add something should people doubt the recovery of these people. I pretty much live at Bev's house...she keeps me going when frustration peeks. I also personally know two other individuals from my community who have had the surgery done by Dr. Reich as well. You would be totally amazed at what these people do! All they do is go....go.....go! I have never seen Bev or any of them experience even a second of pain since they have had their procedures. I can only hope and pray that when the day comes for my surgery (if it ever comes...at this point I am starting to have doubts...but that has nothing to do with R&R) my outcome is the same as their's. I would give anything to live their lives.

Karla

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 3:52 PM Subject: Dr. Reich was Bev's surgeon when....

BEVERLY DOUCETTE:

Beverly is a former RN, who had to let her license lapse - when she became so terribly ill as a result of adhesions. Dr. Reich was Beverly Doucette's surgeon when she underwent her adhesiolysis on April 22,1999. She is still pain free!!!

Bev sent me a copy of the video from her 5 hour surgery...and I actually saw Dr. Reich slowly and very carefully lyse the mass of adhesions, which had enclosed and trapped her bowels. For the very first time I could really begin to understand how painful bowel adhesions must be. When the bowels are attached together - or attached to the abdominal wall by adhesions - this prevents the normal flow of digested food through the bowels causing problems such as constipation, nausea, and bowel obstructions.

In gratefulness to God and to Dr. Reich for having had her health restored, Bev has become a very active Outreach Worker for the International Adhesions Society!!! Many International Adhesions Society members can attest to the fact that Bev has been there to help them.

In November, Bev will be accompanying several people to Germany for their scheduled adhesiolysis procedures with Dr. Matthias Korell of Duisburg, Germany. Bev will be assisting these women, as needed, following their surgeries. KUDOS TO BEV!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: