Re: adhesions

Sun Sep 10 21:12:02 2000

Jodi: My question to these insurance companies....How would the medical review personnel(who make the decision as to what should be approved) treat a member of their own family? Would they think that family member was in need of a mental health person? Probably not! I think they have the wrong philosophy. Don't they know that being pain free and having a sense of well being is "health maintanence". I am sorry for what you are going thru and I too, was happy to find this site. Although, I have no adhesions now, I had extensive adhesions for a number of years and now have what Dr. Redan feels is "clear endometriosis". But, I know what you and the others on this forum are going thru, adhesions are painful and debilitating. Now the real battle is to get insurance companies to recognize that pelvic pain and adhesions are real diseases that need medical attention. I hope that you find the advice, support and answers that you need by continuing to visit this forum. All of us here do not need mental health treatment as desparately as we need physical health treatment. Hang in there and keep searching until you find a physician who is willing to make you better.

Love, Connie

At Sun, 10 Sep 2000, jodi wrote: >
>I will start with my history , I have had a total hystorectomy 5 years
>ago , 2 years ago I had my left kidney removed, I have had constant pain
>for well over a year. my doctor did a laporoscopy and said it was
>terrible all covered with adhesions they couldnt see my liver he wouldnt
>even try and remove any scar tissue he said it was like going in blind I
>was scheduled for a surgery to remove the adhesions but the insurance
>company made me go see a mental health person (they said there was
>nothing mentally wrong with me)Icant even have intercourse with my
>husband it hurts so bad. now we are waiting to hear from the insurance
>company to see if they will approve it for the 15th of september. I
>thought I was losing my mind I am so glad I found this site.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: