Re: bad episode last night: severe constipation: low-residue diet...water......

Fri Sep 8 16:15:20 2000

IF YOU are having problems similar to Toni's, will you share * what you are doing that is helping you?

Dear Toni, I am sorry to hear that you continue to be in sooo much pain: and that you are having severe constipation problems!! And you seem to be so anxious about needing to do something - such as to going to the ER room!!

Last month someone mentioned that they drank 2 glasses ( 8 oz.) size BEFORE EVERY meal they ate...everyday without fail; and that this was really helping them. Have you tried that? If not, are you willing to give it a try? There is nothing harmful about drinking water!! In fact, our bodies require at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday.

The foods you eat each and everyday can also make a difference!! Are you following a low-residue diet? Or are you eating foods with fiber? I read someplace that when there is adhesions' involvement with the intestines, that a low-residue diet can be helpful.

Many surgeons WILL NOT do surgery for adhesions ( especially involving the intestines ) -- UNLESS their patient IS HAVING AN EMERGENCY BOWEL OBSTRUCTION!!!

If an emergency bowel obstruction is the ONLY TIME that many surgeons will do surgery for adhesions, then you are at the mercy of JUST ANY SURGEON!!!!!!!!!

I think it makes more sense to seek a surgeon, who has had the advanced training and ALOT OF EXPERIENCE so very necessary for having success as a result of adhesiolysis procedures!!!

- - - - - Toni's message:

I just want to tell you all what happened to me last night. I had not gone for 7 days, so I took senekot, 6 tablets, and I woke up at 3 in the morning with severe [ressure and cramps. I got up to try to go, and the pressure was so bad and I could not go, I left my husband sleep, but I finally had so much pressure in the rectum, it was as hard as a large rock, and all of a sudden I thought the pressure was going to make me throw up. After he got up, he stayed there and rubbed my leg to help me relax, and getting ready to give me enema, and it finally broke loose. It so pretty dark in color, it took me hours to go just that one time/ this time I thought for sure we were going to end up in the car and going to ER. I am so scared, even now the activity in the bowels is feeling tight. Does that mean there could have been a blockage.

My dad's friend the day before was taken to ER, and she could not go, and she ened upurgery that morning. I do not know what to do, and I called dad yesterday abotu her, and he said she has the same thing you have, it was caused by scar tissue on her bowels. IF ONLY I COULD FIND A DR HERTO BELIEVE THIS CAN HAPPEN!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: