Sun Aug 20 07:46:23 2000

At Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Sherry Marie wrote: >
>I wanted to describe one more thing regarding the pain I am
>experiencing. The worst pain is on the whole right side of my back. It
>feels like my bowel or intestine is attached to my back. This causes
>extreme pain and makes bending almost impossible. I was thinking since
>I had my appendix and right ovary removed that the adhesions are worse
>there. Does that sound feasible? Sherry Marie

Sherry Marie what ever you do do not give up ! I use to frequent this message board then I gave up and was all alone. My recent plan , or I should say doctors recent plan was to spend 3 weeks in a pain clinic. I felt like Hospice was taking over because there was no answers or hope for any treatment so I needed to learn to live with the pain. My pain doesn't sound as bad as yours. And some docs say I don't have adhesions ! Supposedly I had some removed during the last surgery. Could be a nerve intrapment or endometriosis. Who knows ! And of course at the pain clinic they suggested it was muscular and in my head. It's all a guessing game. But not uncommon for women. I had some problems in my right side and back so I thought maybe my intestines were stuck to my back also. The doctor ordered a "barium enema" I will never do that again in my life ! There must be a easier way to tell these days. Very un-comfortable. Now if you read back a week you will see that our Helen has posted information on "pain mapping" which sounds like a good procedure for me. Also there is 2 doctors in PA that have helped alot of adhesion sufferers. Look in the archives under Dr.Riech and Redan. Or write directly to Helen and she will send you loads of info. on them and others like Bev of Bernie and Bev will tell you how there surgeries have gone. So don't give up !! Stick around on this forum and you will learn so much helpful info. And pray for guidence to the right doctor and procedure. You are lucky in one way ( if you want to call it LUCKY ) You at least have a diagnosis. Many don't exactly ! Doctors guess and we assume.Keep the faith and hang around. This forum is one of the best things we got going for us. Thanks for being here, Jaynie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: