What about the quality of life?

Sat Aug 19 10:44:10 2000

I have not posted for awhile but I check in often to read the posts. At this time the only comfort I get is this forum, to know I am not alone. I have spent a lot of time in and out of urgent care facilities and trips to my surgeon. He told me he will not do surgery again until I have a bowel obstruction. Since I have had 7 surgeries, 5 being for adhesions, I understand what he is saying. But what about my quality of life? It is a constant struggle to eat, to go to the bathroom, to bend over, or even get up. The pain is severe all the time and does not seem to ever let up. I spend days laying in a fetal position to try to get comfortable. I also have fibromyalgia which doesn't help the pain factor. My last surgery was in Nov. of 1998 which included a TAH with removal of my one remaining ovary and tube(adenomyosis), removal of my appendix(adhesions had invaded it) and lysis of extensive adhesions esp. on my intestines. I have frequent spells of crampy/colicky pain esp. in my back that seems worse on the right side. I carry a low grade fever and have blood in my urine. All these symptoms cause extreme fatigue. I am sorry to ramble. I guess I needed to vent. Thank you for being here and giving me support. Sherry Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: