To Robin....

Sun Aug 13 18:06:51 2000

I just wanted to tell you good luck and I know exactly how difficult it is to stop! I started smoking at 13 and finally just quit last September. I STILL fight it everyday and have had to stop myself a few times from buying cigs...I've also slipped up a few times. It's just not an easy thing and people who have never smoked just don't understand that it's not as easy as simply choosing not to do it. To be honest about it...I enjoy smoking and I really miss it. I really didn't want to quit and that's probably why I didn't for 15 years. The only thing that has kept me from smoking is that after my hysterectomy, I had a bad flare up of asthma and I just know that I CAN't Smoke now. Yes it's bad for you....smokers know this but if you don't smoke or have never smoked....you just can't understand. Smoking just isn't "cool" right now. Personally...I don't see a huge difference between a smoker and someone who drives a car and contributes to smog, or a person that adds to our landfills, or drinks alcohol, or eats meat, etc. Alot of things are bad for you...there are other things that ppl do everyday that affect others. Don't get me wrong...it is a nasty, nasty habit. It's bad for you, it's bad for the ppl that breathe your smoke, it smells bad, etc...I know all that. Most smokers know that and will acknowledge that. Most smokers know that they should quit...it just isn't an easy thing to do. It's more than just a "habit" or an "addiction", it becomes a way of life.

Anyway...I didn't mean to start rambling but I just wanted to let you know, Robin..and other's that smoke that you aren't alone.

Take Care, Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: