How to Quit Smoking...and Quit for Keeps

Sun Aug 13 15:37:18 2000

According to Jaynie's message from January 4, 2000, Jaynie said her doctor ( Dr. Barbara Levy - from Seattle, WA ) told her that: "90% of her pelvic pain patients are heavy smokers!" Then Jaynie said: "I have wanted to quit for years. My Dr. always said it wasn't a good time. Well, there are always going to be deaths - and hopefully not pain in our lives. So there is NO good time. I'm ready. Since 2 years ago when this all started, I have really been smoking alot."

"Dr. Barbara Levy said she has seen lots of women who have adhesions and endo - who have NO pain." Is it possible that smoking contributes to chronic pain?

The following AMA website offers help for people who have made a decision to quit smoking - in order to improve their health. Perhaps the information at the following web site will help you quit smoking.

If you are able to quit smoking and notice a definite decrease in your pain level, I hope that you will share your success at the IAS forum. It won't be easy, but with the right motivation ( less pain ) it will be worth it!! Good Luck!!

[]>How to Quit Smoking...and Quit for Keeps

http://www.ama-assn.org/insight/gen_hlth/smoking/smoking.htm

Introduction Preparing Yourself for Quitting

Knowing What to Expect Involving Someone Else Ways of Quitting Just Before Quitting On the Day You Quit Immediately After Quitting Snack Calorie Chart What Happens After You Quit Smoking?

Withdrawal Symptoms and Activities That Might Help

Quitting for Keeps

Congratulations! Keep Your Guard Up How to Dampen That Urge Not Smoking Is Habit-Forming Relapse: If You Smoke Again Marking Progress Common Rationalizations For More Information

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: