Re: An announcement to the world: Mary Pomroy's surgery was a success!!!

Wed Aug 9 21:11:25 2000

Did Bev and Mary swim topless at the beach? Just curious.

Sherry Perry Nashville

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Bernie and Beverly Doucette To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 8:46 AM Subject: Re: An announcement to the world: Mary Pomroy's surgery was a success!!!

Hello my dearest Anne... We are home, we are rested and we have tons and tons of great news to share..and we have a few more questions for YOU specifically regarding some German things!! Okay?

Anne... Dr. Korell and the Intergel are fantastic...I learned so much on ARD, it was magnificent, the time this man took to talk with me, to make arrangemnts for future IAS or ARD patients from North America...so many wonderful things..and Anne...a second look surgery is imparative in all cases of ARd adhesiolysis..a number of very painfully attached adhesions reattached within two days..very dense vascular adhesions...and had Mary NOT had that second look ..I shudder to think of what would have happened!! Ebven though Mary had discussed the issue of steroids ( after talikng to you ) it was determined that they would NOT start her on anything due to her allergic reactions to things so as not to hold up the surgery that was already scheduled..but you were right on the mark there..and we will bring that issue up to the society as well!!! Lots of issues to bring up to everyone from this trip...and all very important too!

We will have information out on all this to the society once we get our heads together and figure out everything we need to say..and I plan on discussing second looks with reich and Redan as well!!

Mary and I had a good time while in Germany, we were treated so very well, and by so many we were treated like Queens...it seemed that everyone and anyone who even spoke the slightest English wanted to meet us and talk to us...it was great!! And what beautiful country...Germany as well as the Nertherlands! I loved the trains....great!! We still do not know any more german then when we left..but we were able to communicate most of ther times...with a book and our translation calculators...( what a pain they were though!! ) Food was different..we never did aquire a taste for German food!! And towards the end of our visit..we could have killed for ice cubes and eggs!!!!!!!!!!!! AND....NO ONE TOLD US THEY SWAM TOPLESS at the Netherland beaches!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( bev and mary laughing here!! )

Gotta run as Paul Lewis is on phone and I want to speak to him personally..

Love you Anne.. Bev

Soooo...thats all for now..

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Hayashi <mhaya0902@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 11:29 AM Subject: Re: An announcement to the world: Mary Pomroy's surgery was a success!!!

> At Sat, 29 Jul 2000, BarbaraS1967 wrote:
> >
> >At Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Helen Dynda wrote:
> >>
> >>Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 4:45 AM
> >>
> >>Subject: Re: Mary's success!!
> >>
> >>Dear Friends,
> >>
> >>Drum roll please!!....Mary DID NOT have adhesions attaching her stomach to
> >>her diaphragm. She had a few
> >>omental adhesions to her peritoneum and a few to her
diaphragm...all taken > >>down. NO barriers were used...but he did leave two liters of ringers
> >>solution in to keep the peritoneum off the bowel...as Mary heals over the
> >>next few days!!
> >>
> >>This is terrific news folks!!! Mary has alomst a 95% chance of recovery at
> >>this time from her adhesions and her adhesions to her diaphragm. She will
> >>be able to breathe and lay down and play with her grandkids...all 13 of
> >>them!! That is her dream - to be able to help her children out as a mother
> >>should be able to do, play with her grandchildren, whom she talks of
> >>constantly and really loves. She will be thrilled when I go tell her this
> >>great news!!
> >>
> >>To Mary's family: We did it!! Nana will come home to you a new person and
> >>she says to be ready for a BIG bash..all of you!! You are her world! You
> >>are all she talks about...her six children and her little ones...and of
> >>course, Waggy!! Thank you Nish for making this possible for Mary!! She has
> >>spoken of your generosity much through all of this....I am pleased to
> >>announce to the world that today...WE ARE WITNESSING ANOTHER MIRACLE as MARY
> >>POMROY'S SURGERY WAS A SUCCESS!!! GOD BLESS HER NOW!!
> >>
> >>Have to run as she will want me right there to rub her back and to take her
> >>to to pee and anything else she doesn't want the nurses here to do...and you
> >>can all bet I will be right there doing it with bells on and, of course...a
> >>great big grin!!
> >>
> >>love to all
> >>
> >>Bev & Mary!!!!!!!
> >
> >Your right this is the best news. i'm so happy to hear she is adhesion
> >free. Take care. HUGS to you both
> >
> >--
> >Barbara.... TAH 11/10/1999
> >Adhesion surgery 4/28/2000
> >Abdominal adhesion/BSO surgery 8/18/2000
> >Wonderful news! Best wishes Mary for a speedy recovery! Everytime I read the adhesions message board, I am in
> tears. The kindness, courage, kinship, and support offered here are
> unparalleled. Karla, it is wonderful to read
> your messages again! I, too, hope that those who have had surgery will
> report their progress. Robin, in Australia,
> I pray that you are now out of pain, and that you will
> be soon will be going home! Please let us know how you
> are doing! To all of you "Thank You", it has given
> me the courage to face each day with this "horrendous
> disease", and to keep on fighting.
> Anne H.
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm