Re: When is it serious?

Wed Aug 2 10:02:50 2000

Carli,

I am posting under a new email address, but I responded to you over the weekend regarding Dr. Daniell here in Nashville. He specializes in infertility and minimally invasive surgery. He performed my adhesiolyis in March. (I feel great!) I contacted him about you and he called me this morning. He feels he may be able to help you.

Where one doctor may recommend that you are not a candidate for a minimally invasive procedure such as a laparoscopy a skilled laparscopic surgeon may have no problem performing it. It is amazing how many doctors recommend an open procedure because they are not comfortable performing a minimally invasive one. That happened to me last year. I wish I had known about Dr. Daniell before I trusted that opinion and subjected myself to an open major surgery that resulted in more adhesions that caused me more trouble than what I was having the surgery for. Seven months later, Dr. Daniell literally gave me my life back.

Dr. Daniell has alot of experience dealing with difficult cases and is very knowledgable in adhesions. He has performed minimally invasive procedures on many people who were told it could not be done. When he called, he said that certainly adhesions can distort the tubes and ovaries and cause pain and infertility. He sees it alot.

Carli, he would love to talk to you and your husband, if you'd like, on the telephone. If you called the office and gave them your telephone number he would call you back and talk to you in detail about your concerns. (He is wonderful about this! Before my surgery in March he spent nearly and hour on the telephone with me and my husband answering all of our questions). There would be no fee or charge for this.

His office number is: (615) 321-0513

It breaks my heart (and makes me angry) that a doctor actually recommended a hysterectomy, knowing you wanted another baby without looking under every possible stone for an alternative!

If you have any questions, or just want to talk, you may email me directly.

In friendship,

At Mon, 31 Jul 2000, car45@impop.bellatlantic.net wrote: >
>Hi Patti -
>
>Thanks for the reply ...
>No - I don't have any drs. at this point that really can help, don't get
>me wrong - they try - but they feel like their hands are tied too.
>
>This site is helping - both mentally and physically.
>I'm looking into to what I need to do to find a great dr. - until then
>I'll just keep on making the best of it.
>
>Carli

--
Sherry Perry
Nashville

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: