Some understanding and kind words from my surgeon...

Tue Aug 1 21:47:05 2000

I had posted some time ago that I was to undergo another test for my gall bladder. I have been pretty stressed out, the trip to the ER on my birthday, the unrelenting pain, and being unsure of what to do next. I didn't show up for my test, I was so tired of being tested and being told that adhesions are a catch 22. I'm sure you all have heard that one before! The phone rang today and it was the nurse from my surgeons office. She was very concerned and we spoke briefly about my symptoms. She asked me to hold on, she wanted to speak with my surgeon. My doctor actually got on the phone and we talked about my situation. He was very compassionate and understanding, but very knowledgeable about adhesions and their symptoms. We both agreed that when I feel another obstrucion coming that I would call him. He said we will take an x-ray and probably go ahead and lyse the adhesions. He talked about the viscious cycle of adhesions and surgery. He is up to date on minimally invasive techniques and adhesion barriers. We all have experienced doctors who have been insensitive, but in this case the opposite is true. I wanted to share this positive experience with you, there are doctors out there that recognize the pain and frustrations of adhesions and are willing to help. With love, Sherry Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: