Re: Choosing Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery

Mon Jul 31 14:27:44 2000

I am always learning something new when I try to send web pages from other Internet sites, such as this one. After you read the following information, please take a few minutes to go to this site:

http://www.adlap.com/index.htm

[]>Choosing Minimally Invasive Gynecological Surgery

One of the greatest trends in the history of surgery is the advent of minimally invasive techniques for the full spectrum of surgery types performed on the human body. Minimally invasive means performing surgery in many cases without open incisions. For patients, this can translate into a lower risk of infection, faster recovery and less scarring. Because of the great benefits offered by such techniques, minimally invasive options challenge the standard-of-care for many conditions and should always be considered.

Due in part to the pioneering surgeons associated with Adlap (short for advanced laparoscopy), minimally invasive surgical techniques are available for the following conditions:

a.. Endometriosis b.. Pelvic Pain c.. Pelvic Prolapse / Urinary Incontinence d.. Laparoscopic Hysterectomy e.. Laparoscopic Myomectomy f.. Infertility g.. Uterine Fibroids h.. Abdominal Adhesions i.. Hysteroscopy j.. Ovarian Cysts k.. Thoracic Surgery l.. General Surgery

What Is Laparoscopy?

Laparoscopic surgeons make small incisions where advanced surgical tools and skills come into play. Long metal tubes called endoscopes are inserted into the body where the body's diseased areas can be seen and operated upon. Everything from fiber-optic cameras to lasers are utilized during these procedures.

Although the surgery often takes longer, risk is minimized since the operation is not open. In addition, many hours of surgical training and specialization result in array of benefits for the patient, including a shorter time in the hospital, less pain and scarring, and quicker recovery.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: