Re: How is everyone doing?

Sat Jul 29 20:36:13 2000

Robyne,

I am so sorry to hear that you have yet another hernia. Please talk to your doctors about doing something more aggressive....because if they don't this will not come to an end. What do I mean by aggressive? Well....one of two things. Back in 1995 they removed the fascia lata from my upper legs and flipped it into my abdomen...thus to strengthen the abdomen and build basically a new abdominal wall. In my case they determined that my fascia lata was not strong enough either.....they crossed both sides over each other to try to increase the strength....since you say you used to run marathons I would think that this would be a good solution for you. Obviously in my case it did not work and that brings me to the other option which is what they will be doing when they get around to doing my surgery. They will be taking the actual muscle out of my back from around each of my scapulas and again trying to build a new abdominal wall. All I can say is that this doctor was very upset that they had not been more aggressive and kept repeating steps that were obviously unsuccessful. Please discuss your options with your doctor....so that you might put a stop to all of these hernias.

Well, today is my 44th birthday and I feel like I am about 80. I am scheduled for heart catherization on Wednesday. We can't go any further with my surgery until we find out what is wrong with my heart. My primary doctor made a very insensitive remark to me when I told him that the catherization had been scheduled. He told me he hoped I didn't die. I just about fell off of my chair. Once we know a little bit more than we should be able to go ahead with scheduling the surgery....unless there is something very seriously wrong. I hope not.

I continue to pray that the Lord give you strength to make it through each day. I know just how hard it is for you....I believe I understand more than anyone...including family, friends and other ARD sufferers. Not that it gives meany benefits or anything, but I guess it gives me comfort knowing that there iss one person that knows just how I feel. You are it Robyne! I know now that as things happen in my life there is one person that understands better than anyone else....that is you. God Bless....and seriously speak with your doctor about taking aggressive action. Of course this means bringing in some different doctors...my main surgeon now is a reconstructive plastic surgeon, but even if you have to delay things....if it prevents these hernias from reoccuring it will be well worth the effort.

Love ya,

Karla

>----- Original Message -----
From: Robyne Hinks <rhinks@eisa.net.au> Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 7:09:26 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Subject: Re: How is everyone doing?

> Dear Karla,I have been posting quite regularly about my prgress and yes it
> was another hernia that they found on Thursday.I did not realize that they
> were so painful.I woke up last night and was not only in pain of the
hernia > but my left hip is so painful that I could not weight bare at all this
> morning when I got up.They are waiting for the surgeon to come.Maybe it is
> because I used to do alot of marathon walking before I got sick and it is
> playing up because I cannot exercise any more,yet.I am really down today
as > I wonder what else can go wrong and I dont think that I will ever go
home.I > am sorry for my babbling but I needed to talk to someone that understands
> what we are going through.Have you heard any news of your op yet?Love
always > Robyne.

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <ifirgit@webcntrl.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net>
> Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2000 1:28 AM
> Subject: How is everyone doing?
>
> > Haven't heard from Helen Chalmers, Beth, Kay and some of the other
> > individuals
> > that recently had adhesiolysis surgery. How are you all doing?
> >
> > Karla
> >
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: