Re: small bowel obstruction

Wed Jul 19 21:53:32 2000

Kathie, I have suffered from acute total bowel obstructions as well as partial bowel obstructions. An ER doctor prescribed Belladonna w/barbiturates for me but I have not taken any yet. The info that came with the medicine states it slows the activity of the digestive system thereby reducing cramping. I called and asked my surgeon about this and he really didn't want me to take it because I have problems with constipation. I am currently experiencing excruciating pain with bowel movements and have to go to great lengths to keep things moving. I am going through the usual tests for abdominal pain and cramping. When I was hospitalized a few months ago for a partial obstruction, I was on IV liquids for several days, then clear liquids and soft food as tolerated. How are you tolerating food? Are you nauseated? I always eat very light and very small portions. I feel very full even if I drink anything. I will do anything to avoid the NG tube again! I wish you the best and feel free to contact me if you like. Sherry Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: