Re: Karla Nygren's surgery is today in Chicago!! Your prayers are requested.....

Wed Jul 12 14:42:09 2000

At Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Bernie and Beverly Doucette wrote: >
>RE: Karla Nygren's surgery is today in Chicago!! Your prayers are requested.....Dearest Laura...
>This made me laugh..and laughs I can use today.....the intensity of what Mary and I are about to pursue is taking hold...we are busy packing, yakking and we THINK we have everything in order!!! ....I am anxious about Karla...excited about Mary...hopeful about everyone else whether it be recuperation times for some or for others waiting for their surgeries!!!
>Mary and I have been recieving phone calls all morning from " Strangers " who saw us onone or the other TV news channels...and all are calls of support and encouragement as well as a new awareness of ARD!!! Our web site was plastered all through these news casts's!!! I am overwhelmed with joy for all of us today..ALL of US..as we are doing it, we ARE being recognized at last! what may seem a small step in only recieving state recognition is really a big step..as it is a start and everything must start somwhere at sometime folks....and even small re4cognition is better then nothing and it sure is better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, so we have THAT gouing for us if nothing else!!!! :-) I share this as I feel a bit selfish to be reaping this knowledge of the society's progress...and I can only axcept that for all of us to make it a positive thing for me...
>
> What a testament to the power of this society and it's members...WE are doing it folks, we ARE making this disease noticed through the strength of the numbers in it!! We ARE making a difference for all of those who suffer ARD, and we WILL change how the medical society not only views ARD, and we ARE and WILL continue to raise the quality of care for all who suffer ARD through the power of those who live it!!!!!!!!
>
>GOD IS WITH US ALL.....now and forever. NEVER forget that..never! If I leave you with anything as I venture into unknowns here......let it be with the echo of those words in your heart and believing them unconditionally in your minds!
>
>Upon my return from Germany, I have miracle after miracle to share with all...and I am hoping that I can add Karla's recovery, as well as other members who will be having surgery while we are gone to this list of miracles I have been blessed to be part of in this week alone!!!
>
>I am so vey proud to be a part of each of your lives through the IAS...and I hope to return to it having opened even more doors that will offer not only hope to those who suffer ARD..but a reality in filling those hopes!
>
>In peace and friendship,
>Beverly

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: LNewman@milbank.com
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 9:55 AM
> Subject: RE: Karla Nygren's surgery is today in Chicago!! Your prayers are requested.....
>
> Gang, here is Karla's address for sending cards, flowers and calls. On the calls though, I think it would be best if we didn't call her until the next day, not the day of the surgery. Duh.....I know you all knew that; I don't know why I felt compeled to reiterate it!!!!! Sorry!!!! Here you go:
>
> > University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital
> > 4646 N. Marine Drive
> > Chicago, IL 60640
>
> > 773-878-8700
>
> This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
> information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee
> or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
> recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
> the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

I want to wish Karla good luck and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

--
Barbara.... TAH 11/10/1999
Adhesion surgery 4/28/2000
Abdominal adhesion/BSO surgery 8/18/2000

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: