Medical Records...How to get your medical records ( from the IAS Archives )

Mon Jul 10 22:33:16 2000

1.) Do You Know Your Medical Rights?

http://webmd.lycos.com/content/dmk/dmk_article_6462943

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2.) From: Marla ( onery1@soltec.net )

Here is the text I have always used and gotten all of the information I needed. Some have been gratis; some I have been charged for. Copying in the paper documents usually runs about $1 per page, however I got the biggest one that was 75 pages for $20 when I balked at the price and delayed picking them up. The flustered head of records finally called one day and said she would reduce the amount simply because she wanted them off her desk. I was happy to oblige as that was a more appropriate amount IMO. The X-rays were $5 per copy and for an upper GI alone there were 19 X-rays. Very pricey, but there is a difference between making a zerox copy and actually duplicating negatives. My .10 and I think I got my money's worth.

I authorize <Name of Dr, Clinic, etc> to release the medical records of <Your Name>, birth date <m/d/y>, SSN <123-45-6789> from <m/d/y of first time you visited for this problem> through <today's date> including (but not limited to) doctors reports, surgeons reports (<m/d/y of each incidence>), results of all tests and procedures performed, X-Rays, photos, video and audio reports.

These records are for Dr. Xyz Mailing Address Fax #

My appointment is <Day m/d/y - I put the day in because oftimes I have to pick them up a day or two after I take this in> at H:MMam so I will need to pick these up by closing time <Day m/d/y>. If there is a problem providing these records please let me know as soon as possible.

I try to pick up the records myself and then while I'm still in the building I go through them page by page to make sure none of the important records are missing. The first three times I did this they had 'accidentally' omitted the surgical reports and biopsy reports from my TAH and the exploratory lap that was done before it. That no longer happens.

Hope this helps Marla

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3.) Can You Look at Your Own Medical Records?.......and related information

The following web site will help to answer some of your questions when you are ready to request copies of your medical records. There is also a section which will give you information about requesting your surgical and pathology reports - for each and every surgery you have had in the past. If a video was done of your surgery, you may also be able to obtain a copy of the video. I was able to - at my gynecologist's office. [] Can You Look at Your Own Medical Records?

1.) How do I get a copy?

2.) Is the information mine?

3.) How do I request a copy of my records?

4.) Is there a charge? 5.) Documents Common to Most Health Records

6.) Documents Common to surgery or hospital stays

http://www.restministries.org/medicalrecords.htm

Do You Know Your Medical Rights?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4.) How to Get Your Medical Records...Making a Complaint...Free Legal Forms...etc.

This information is provided by the CMAnet -- The On-Line Resource for California Physicians. Since this information is specific to California, it may or it may not be applicable to other states. Follow the Section Guide ( below ) and protect your health with an array of helpful services, from filling out a health plan comparison checklist to downloading free legal forms. Protect your health and the health of your loved ones.

These are the topics listed in the * Section Guide:

1.) How to Get Your Medical Records

2.) Making a Complaint

3.) Medical Care for Minors

4.) Free Legal Forms

5.) Hot Issues in the Courts

http://www.cmanet.org/publicdoc.cfm/4

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: