reality of pain questions

Sun Jul 9 16:17:46 2000

I'd like some very honest answers...not just feel good/what it sounds like I want to hear. From reading posts here, it sounds like many of you are on some pretty intensive medications. I am in no way in that severe a situation. But I do have pain daily. Its the kind of pain that if, like a pulled muscle or head cold, I knew it would go away in a matter of days, I could handle it without pain medication. But do any of you find yourself questioning yourselves because you are taking meds not because you can't deal with the pain but because you are tired of having to deal with it. It's always there to some degree. I read so many stories of people who I know have such pain and suffering that I feel guilty taking anything for the pain and yet, sometimes I get so mad that its back again to any degree. It makes me wonder if now that I'm so tired of pain that maybe I have no pain tolerance anymore. I just dont have the energy or mental strength sometimes to deal with what may just be the equivalent of a side stitch or a menstrual cramp. I wonder if I have lost perspective. Looking for thoughts... Rachel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: