Re: interviewing a dr

Sat Jul 8 21:24:29 2000

Rachel,

I see nothing wrong with asking those very questions. Don't feel alone in your thinking. I've faxed my questions over to my doctors for them to look over and get back with me. When I was looking for someone to in my area to treat my adhesions, I scheduled a consultation (no undressing for those, so you don't feel vunerable :)))). I asked questions exactly like that. I found a fabulous doctor by doing so and ended the cycle of being bounced from doctor to doctor.

Wouldn't you like to know right off the bat where they stand rather than begin working with this doctor only to become frutrated later on and have to start all over again? There is nothing lost by a consultation. People do that all the time when choosing a pediatrician for their new babies. You deserve nothing less.

It's your body. You are in charge of all decsions in how your care for it. Physicians are their to assist you in that.

Go for it!

Sherry Perry Tennessee

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel" <rcmanus@ipa.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 8:33 PM Subject: interviewing a dr

> I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a new dr. I want to
> just come right out and say "Listen, I'm looking for a dr who welcomes
> patients who do their own research, is open to new ideas and is
> comfortable prescribing pain medication. Do you think you're that kind
> of dr?" But somehow I'm not sure thats the right approach. How do I
> find out if this guy is on the same page with me? (I have endometriosis
> and am trying to find a new gyn)
> Thanks!
> Rachel
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: