Re: Cleveland Clinic

Sat Jul 8 15:17:34 2000

Susan, they Supposedly Dr. Redwine deals with adhesiolysis and is one of the bigger doctors in the country for that.....saying that I will also say I have not heard too many good things about him. I go to Bend usually a minimum of once a year so that would be a location that I could feasibly get to, but I was told not to waste my time. He may just be one of those willing to do the procedures but not knowing the correct procedure to use.

Dr. Reich and Redan have just opened up the first adhesiolysis center in the country. Dr. Reich is a gyn and has been doing these procedures for a couple of years I guess with very good results. He uses a particular procedure where they use clot evacuation and massive amounts of Ringers solution. Where most doctors take a couple hours max to remove adhesions he takes a minimum of four hours usually and up to 10.

The only difficulty here is that they do not accept assignment of insurance benefits. You are required to have the $400 initial consultation fee and up to $6,000 up front. Their staff would check out your insurance company and see what they will pay and then when you go for your first visit (usually you see the doctor on one day with surgery the next) you pay. Any balance left after the insurance pays will be refunded at a later date.

I will be leaving soon so will not be on this list much. Just ask Helen to put you in contact with whoever is handling cases going to Dr. Reich and Redan while Bev is away. I hope I have been of some assistance.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: Susan_OR <Susan_OR@iwon.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 12:26 PM Subject: Re: Cleveland Clinic

> Dr. Redwine? no...haven't seen him. More info would be great. I don't > know anything about Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan either. More info? > > Thanks > > At Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Karla wrote: > > > >Out of curiousity....did you see Dr. Redwine in Bend? and did he tell you > >that you would have to learn to live with the pain? If you are willing to > >go to Ohio....you might as well go and see the best in Scranton, > >Pennsylvania at the adhesion center. I do not know of one person that has > >had a bad experience with Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan. If you are interested > >let us know....I am sure that someone on this list can pick you up and help > >you get on your way to see the two best doctors in the work. > > > >-- > >Karla > >

>> >----- Original Message ----- > >From: Susan_OR <Susan_OR@iwon.com> > >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> > >Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 5:51 PM > >Subject: Cleveland Clinic > > > >> Has anyone been to the Cleveland Clinic for adhesions? All of the docs I > >> have seen in Oregon have told me that I just have to learn to live with > >> adhesion pain. I did have surgery in May but the results didn't last. > >> My parent's live in Ohio and have suggested I seek out a doctor at > >> Cleveland Clinic. Does anyone have any experiences to share from there? > >> Which doc did you see and did you get any help? Thanks.... > >> >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: