frustration

Tue Jul 4 01:08:00 2000

I hope everyone is recovering from their surgeries....Kay, Helen, Pam, Beth and Robyne (I hope I didn't miss anyone). I pray every day that you are all on the road to recovery and will never have to deal with that dirty word again.....adhesions.

I don't even know now if I will be able to have my surgery next week. I have developed urosepsis again....and the nurse from my doctor's office forgot to call me back on Friday...despite 3 calls to the office. Then when I called today my doctor was not in. I don't know if I can wait until Wednesday to get more antibiotics and honestly, I don't think they will work. I am on a continuous maintenance doseage of cipro and am allergic to most of the other antibiotics used for treatment of urinary infections. When things like this start up I am usually in the hospital for a week of massive IV antibiotics. I just want this all over with.....my pain management is awful and with the doctor gone I can't do anything about it. Then I am told they won't do the surgery if I have an infection. I have no doubt that there is a severe infection going on....my lymph nodes are swollen and I always get these awful pimple like things that get infected on my breasts. Don't know how that relates but it has always been a sure sign to me. I am just at my wits end and don't know how I can deal with this. I just think it would be so much easier to die. No, I will not do anything crazy...don't worry. But, I will not allow my surgery to be cancelled....it can't be. The doctor here will just have to be more aggressive....once he comes back.

Thanks for all the prayers regarding my daughter's baby....things look pretty good right now....there was no evidence of any problems on the ultrasound so she decided not to risk the amniocentisis. I guess that it is possible to look good on the ultrasound and still have the chromosome defect, but I believe that the Lord is watching over them and will do what he feels is right for all of us.

Sorry to whine and complain....but I am just soooooo frustrated!

Love to all,

--
Karla N.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: