Re: More Surgery Aug. 18th

Sat Jul 1 01:28:50 2000

Dear Barb:

I am so happy that you followed me here from the hystersister site. I hope you gained much knowledge and found friends here to assist you through these difficult times. Knowing that you are the sole support of your family has probably put a strain on you as to find a fix for your adhesion pain. I hope that this has not made you jump at a quick fix to find a way out of your pain so that you may be able to support your family. Please share with the other adhesion members what adhesion barrier your doctor plans to use and why he feels a laparotomy would benefit you. You discussed previously that Dr. Reich and Redan were out of your realm financially, but you could charge it as your insurance carrier could pick up the whole amount for surgery and you would be refunded your whole deposit back. Please think this over, as your last adhesiolysis didn't work and opening you up could cause massive adhesions to return.

I don't mean to imply that you have not found a most qualified doctor to lyse your adhesions, but I, and I'm sure others here, would be most interested to hear your doctors technique, adhesion barrier, and why he thinks it will work this time.

At Fri, 30 Jun 2000, BarbaraS wrote: >
>I found out today i will have an abdomianl surgery with adhesion
>barriers to clean out all the adhesions he has had good luck with
>adhesion barriers so were hoping this will be the last one for me. So
>it will be 3 days in the hospital and 6 weeks of recovery. HUGS to all
>
>--
>Barbara.... TAH 11/10/99
>Lap Adhesion surgery 4/28/00
>Abdomianl adhesion surgery 8/18/00
>

--