rectal adhesions/tailbone pain?

Wed Jun 14 16:30:44 2000

Very rarely does this crap bring me to tears and the only time it has ever impaired my daily living has been occasionally with intercourse. This however has really got me down. I guess the 'right' thing to do is to see a dr. However, I have left my original gyn. because we didnt see eye to eye (he believes adhesions dont need to be removed and his nurse believes I should see a therapist) I'm looking for some advice from people who have been there.

I have incredibly intense tailbone pain. I dread having to sit down and once I'm down, I hate trying to stand back up. My tailbone is actually tender. There's no mechanism of injury. It started right before my period before last and hasnt let up. It throbs with cramps. I cant be for certain that it actually is endo related I guess except that the timing is right. I have masses in my lower left abdomen that ultrasound show to be in my colon but colonoscopy came up clear. My laps showed endo in the cul-de-sac and adhesions joining right bowel to pelvic wall but since my dr wasnt thorough enough to remove the adhesions(only cut them) I'm not sure how well he removed the endo or that it hasnt returned. I have frequent rectal spasms as well as sciatic pain on the left side. When those pains are bad, I often have pain/fullness up under my left ribs that hurt to breathe and is tender to the touch. Bowel movements feel like some one is trying to rip my entire colon out of my abdomen....often feelings of urgency with no results.

I'm completely at a loss. I havent found meds that really help. All this stuff sounds crazy. Am I losing my mind? Anything I should try? Does this sound familiar to any of you? If so, what was the source of your pain? (even if it wasnt endo)

Thanks, Rachel rcmanus@ipa.net

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: