Re: How do we get through horrible days

Tue Jun 13 17:28:17 2000

Lynn,

I am so sorry that you are having such difficulties with your doctor. Have you tried to find someone that is more sympathetic with your needs? In this country there is a website for people to go to for help with finding a doctor sympathetic to those in pain. Have you tried the widowmakers site to see if they might have some links to doctors in the United Kingdom? I will try to find my link to that site and send it to you.

Please know that you are not alone in your pain and that we are all here for you to draw strength from. I know that is what keeps me going. My surgery is not scheduled until July 12th....and personally I feel like I will not be able to make it that long.....but I will...only because I can turn my focuses onto the members of this group that need help more than I do. For me helping others is the best painkiller around. While I still have my pain....I am drawn from focusing strictly on it.

I have always loved the footprints poem...and never doubted it....no matter what I have been through. I don't know why I haven't questioned the Lord for allowing me to go through what I have...but I have always known that he has something in store for me and that everything is in his time at his will. I have made peace with my life...at times I think that I should be afraid going into my surgery....because I have been told by so many that I will die...but I am not afraid. Well, I cannot say that truthfully...I do have one fear....that being the fear of dying by myself. I do know that should I die the Lord will be by my side and that does ease my fear...in time I pray that I will know total peace and acceptance and I pray that you will find your answers as well. Please do not give up. Use your strengths to help others and draw from the strengths of others on this list. We need each other.

God Bless,

--
Karla

ne Brown wrote: > >Hi everyone, me again. > >Every night I come home (around 5.30pm) I check the forum. You know I >miss it that you can talk during the day and then when I come home you >are all in bed and I miss you. > >My Doctor is still at her tricks re.the prescription for the DHC (pain >killers). Jim rang yesterday and she was off ill (forgive me, but I >actually hoped she was in pain herself). We couldn't get the >pescription. Today she left work at lunch-time and again did not leave >a prescription. Jim finally got it sorted tonight and I went to bed >(it's my birthday) and cried my eyes out. Today I really do think that >if it wasn't for Jim I could just take the whole bottle of tablets and >go to sleep. All the pain would be over. Just typing that sounds so >nice. I'm feeling very sorry for myself and I'm letting the pain beat >me but I can't help it. > >Anyway, I don't know if it was a sign or not, but Dr Wiseman came back >to me today with the names of Doctors in the United Kingdom. Thank you >so much Dr Wiseman. I'll try to contact them tomorrow and will also try >to find a new G.P. > >I'm going to tell you a prayer which was my mum's favourite, you will >probably know it > >FOOTPRINTS > >One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach >with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each >scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to >him and the other to the Lord. > >When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at >the footprints in the sand. >He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one >set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest >and saddest times in his life. >This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. > >"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me >all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times >in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why >when I needed you most you would leave me" > >The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child I love you and I would >never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see >only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" > >The prayer helps a little although at the moment I don't feel like I'm >being carried. > >Please forgive me. I'm just having a really horrible day, people wise >(my GP) and pain wise. > >See you all tomorrow night. > >With love to you all because you know how I feel. > >Lynne. > >-- >Lynne. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: