Colonoscopy experience

Thu Jun 1 20:50:43 2000

Hi everyone.... I have posted a couple of times in the past month or so and had the colonoscopy today and just thought I would share my experience. Guess what I was diagnosed with... I'd give you 3 guesses, but you wouldn't need them all.... LOL Yep, you got it, IBS! And how fortunate for me.... a new drug for IBS was just put on the market... Lotronex. And yes, I'm gonna try it, but when I read what the main symptoms of IBS are, none of them are heavy rectal bleeding, very sharp specific-area back pain (left-side just under my rib cage and painful urination. Ok, my thoughts are (for whatever that's worth because they don't seem to be worth much to the drs..... LOL) I probably do have IBS but I believe the adhesions is the main cause of the IBS plus the adhesions are causing the other more severe symptoms. Anyway, back to my colonoscopy, it hurt like he!!. They put me under but I woke up screaming. I believe he was having a hard time running the scope through... Felt like he kept hitting something... felt like my insides were being torn out... and they were telling me to just relax????? I finally felt the scope go on through and I felt it go all the way around and down the right side... this did not hurt at all... it was just the one area that hurt so bad. I think they knocked me out with more meds about then because all I remember after that is waking up. When the doctor came in to talk to my Mom and I, he said he did not find anything but IBS. I asked about a narrowed passageway (I had informed him of possible adhesions before the test), he said yeah, he did run across one tight area but it did not seem to be the source of any problem.... ??? I'm really confused now. My Mom goes with me for these tests and she hears the drs. say it's nothing but IBS and, from her remarks and tone of voice today after the test, I think she is starting to worry I'm a hypochondriac or something... Am I????? :-/ Well, thanks to you guys, I know I'm not. I would be feeling awfully alone right now if it wasn't for this message board... Many, many Thanks!!!!

--
Joyce

--
Joyce

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: