Pelvic Floor Assessment....<>cystocele<>enterocele<>rectocele<>uterine prolapse

From: Helen Dynda (
Fri May 26 16:00:59 2000

I have seen some of these terms before; but I never questioned what they meant. Now I know!


* CYSTOCELE: When the bladder drops from its normal placed into the vagina, it is called a cystocele.

* ENTEROCELE: When the intestine bulges into the upper vagina, it forms an enterocele.

* RECTOCELE: When the rectum bulges into or out of the vagina, it is called a rectocele.

* UTERINE PROLAPSE: When the uterus drops down into the vagina, it is called uterine prolapse.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: