Re: New Virus

Fri May 19 14:10:30 2000

No one has to ever worry about a virus from " olddad" and what is really funny, is the one and only virus I have ever had to date..and still experience PC problems with after major repairs from it, was from a DR. who had no idea that it was attached to his email.

What was so funny was that when I opened it up, as it said from him, out shot these very pretty fireworks...over and over again they burst across my screen.." Oh, pretty, " I said to myself...yet felt odd that he would be sending me something like that!! So, I thought, " Well, we must be celebrating something here, " so I sent it back to him saying, " Beautiful fireworks, congratulations on whatever we are celebrating!!" THEN everything went screwy in this thing and I realized that I had been bit by the New Years virus " Celebrate! "

Most people don't intentionally mean to send a virus and I could not imagine anyone on here doing that intentionally, but of course, that could happen for sure. This is the age of communication and the email is a target for a few mean spirited people, so be careful, be wise and know what NOT to do in the event you do see something that appears " different " and alert that person, don't speal out to others what you THINK might be the source, contact that person personaly as it is a terrible feeling to be tricked with a virus and even worse not realizing you might have sent it on. Please respect others and be sensative in nature at all times...the last thing I would want to see is a fear instilled in people who are dependent on the IAS forum for vitally important information. We cannot let the " crook's" imprison us with fear of their virus's by causing people to NOT use their computors, it is tough enough to be imprisoned by a disease, let alone a crook's nastyness! In friendship Bev

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: