Hi Shana

Tue Apr 25 09:42:31 2000

Glad to have you with us, the girls and a few fellows who understand us. I have been struggling with adhesions and pain for many years, and I am beginning to think that there is no end to it. But talking to the girls here is the only way I feel better. It feels good to know you are not alone, and there are many of us that cannot find the help we need. It helps to listen to each other.

I feel like the gyn I go to thinks I am a hypocondriac at times, I know he understands, he just does not know what to do for me, he has found a general surgeon who wil operate on me, but the dr all tell me I cannot have a lap. It has to be another laparotomy, they say the tracar they use is too dangerous as the adhesions are so dense and extensive, and the last surgery was so hard on me. I do go to pain clinic, but do not like taking all the meds they give, last week they added Ultram, and I had a reaction on it. I have been trying to stop or cut down on meds myself, but I guess I need to go right back on them. I will not have surgery if I can wait til they come out with a barrier they can say WILL work for the prevention of adhesions, I do not want to set myself up for bowel obstructions, the last lap done was in august 98 the gyn said he could not get in to far, and that what he could see, was the fact that the adhesions were so bad after 4 months of my last surgery, they could not distinquish where my bowels were, and that they could not believe I never obstructed then. During the laparotomy in Sept 98 the transverse colon was stuck to the pelvic floor, and was smothering the small bowel. He said it was like someone poured ceazy glue in the pelvis, but I never obstructed, that is a terrible fear because that killed my mother, gangrene had set in and they could not save her, and that was only four years ago.

I have talkeds too much, I have to go see my father in law, he has stopped eating now four days, and they had to start liquid morphine last night, it should not be long now. I ahve beeb so busy with him, and cannot understand why God is not taking him yet, he is not ready for him yet, I guess!

Love to all, Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: