Re: GERD, hiatal hernia, and H. pylori -- from the IAS archives - Ginger

Sat Mar 11 18:58:22 2000

Thanks Helen for the reminder on the latest warning on Propulsid. And, I really encourage trying candied ginger. Last May 1, I had the weirdest "stomach virus" - it felt like the baby Alien was trying to poke through my stomach. I only used candied ginger after every meal for two months, and it healed completely. I now think the spasms might have been adhesions, but it was also GERD. When the post-op Motrin destroyed my stomach last Aug 12, I again tried the ginger, but it wasn't enough, so in November I went on Axid. It has helped, but I am now thinking the Axid + ginger works better.

Ginger is known to be more effective on nausea than dramamine. It tastes good and it's natural. I highly recommend it. More than half of my health problems have been from prescription mistakes. The other half seems to be from my bad habit of seeking help from prominent gynecologists in New York. Of course, I wonder what would have happened if I'd sought out NON-prominent gyns...... Karen

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda <olddad66@runestone.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 11:47 PM Subject: Re: GERD, hiatal hernia, and H. pylori -- from the IAS archives

> At Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Karen Kaplan wrote:
>
> Thanks Robyne, and don't forget the recent FDA warning on Propulsid and
> heart risk. I am still finding candied ginger (from Australia) to be
> effective, though I am also still taking Axid.
>

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Robyne Hinks <rhinks@eisa.net.au>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 4:03 AM
> Subject: Re: GERD, hiatal hernia, and H. pylori
>
> Dear Gerd sufferers. If you also suffer from gut obstructions please
> beware of taking propulsid as it can cause terrific pain as it tends to
> increase peristalic motion.Losec was the only thing that did the job. It
> does as Helen said ,it works on the cells of the stomach and tells them
> not to produce so much acid.