Re: Lasers/street drugs

Sat Mar 4 13:33:45 2000

Susan,

As Karen said, don't go to street drugs. There are Drs. in this country who will help you and give you the pain meds/relief you need. You just have to not give up and keep looking. I encourage all of us to go to chronicpain.net and sign up. There are many there that have chronic pain of different origins but have found compassionate care by pain management physicians across the nation. One of the physicians is on the network and will answer questions directed to him. His patients call him Dr. Mike. He is located in Chicago but he helps patients find physicians close to them.

As for getting rid of adhesions with surgery, as Karen said, the technique of the surgeon is very important in preventing the reformance of adhesions. The surgeon can remove the adhesions from a previous surgery, but preventing them from reforming is the trick. I'm not sure how long you have been with this forum, so forgive me if I repeat things you already know. There are adhesion barriers and their success has been questionable. As Karen said, research, learn all you can before you have surgery. The more you know, the better.

Wishing you all the best

Tina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: