Re: post-menopause endo

Mon Feb 28 18:38:19 2000

Thanks Karla, The more I learn about this, the more I am falling apart at how such a well-regarded doctor could have given me Premarin with my history. He told me my endo was gone with the menopause and there was no way there was any endo left that could be cancerous. Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out, but I have decided to see another gynecological oncologist to better understand what might be/have happened. I did have surgery for endo in 1985, and no apparent sign of recurrence in 1988 with the lap. I now know my adhesions WERE endo, at least where my uterus was adhered to my colon, but it's not clear whether that tissue can also turn cancerous from the Premarin. For heaven's sakes, Dr. Weiss is chairman of the ob/gyn dept at New Jeresey's medical school - how could he NOT know any of this? You can look him up at http://www.umdnj.edu and see how they advertise how good he is...

>----- Original Message -----
From: Kb1707tiamet@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 2:13 PM Subject: Re: estrogen & endo

> Karen: My gyn told me about soy as replacement therapy for menopause. I
> really trust my gyn as he WILL NOT do any more surgery on me where I have
had > others in the past who would go in at the drop of a hat. (Usually mine).
> When I 1st went to see him, (the dr who did my hyst died not long after of
> cancer) he wanted to know why I was on such a high dose of estrogen. I
was > having really BAD hot flashes & nite sweats. That was when he tpold me re
> the endo & that estrogen would only make the endo worse, "feed" it in a
way. > He suggested soy, I've been on it ever since w/good results!
>
> I'm not sure re still having endo after natural menopause. My gyn didn't
say > anything to the effect that it would go away just because of menopause.
> Karla B.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: