Re: CBC Lymph count

Tue Feb 15 05:24:30 2000

This made me wonder about something. I had a problem January of last year ceoncerning an inflammation of the peritoneum. It was frightenting, and made me think I may have been having heart problems. They even called an ambulance to my workplace.

Any possibility of it being related to the adhesion problem (anyone??)

Tara

----Original Message Follows---- From: Tina Shelby <tshelby@usit.net> Reply-To: adhesions@obgyn.net To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Subject: Re: CBC Lymph count Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:08:47 -0600

Sorry to have taken so long to write back. I've been away from my computer so I am trying to get caught up. I wanted to discuss the purpose of lymphocytes in our bodies and what can cause them yo be elevated.

Lymphocytes are part of the white blood cell type. They travel to areas of inflammation and will be increased with diseases such as mono, viral infections, must viral upper respiratory infections, mumps, rebella, rubeola, hepatitis and some bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, and syphilis.

In our situation, knowing that adhesions can be causing inflammation, I have to wonder if the lymp count is elevated in response to that. I see another potentially great research question/project.

Tina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: