PELVIC MUSCLES PART 2 - - A living example of Pain Management!!!

Sun Feb 13 19:59:33 2000

Jaynie,

You are an inspiration!!! I am so glad that you are sharing your Pain Management experience with all of us at the Adhesions Forum!!!

Biofeedback, Kegal exercises, body stretches, Guided Imagery, Affirmations, controlling anger - are some of the techniques used in Pain Management.

"We must take control of the pain and do not let it control you." We must also try to control our anger at our situation; because anger only intensifies the pain we experience!

I think that your explanation of bladder pain sounds very logical. When the bladder is full, the adhesion is relaxed. When the bladder is emptied,the adhesion becomes stretched (from the location where it is attached). This stretching causes the "painful, burning" sensation.

The following website will give you the best information about Chronic Pain. The International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) is doing as much as it can to try to help women, who suffer from chronic pain. This is the Home Page of the IPPS. Click: "Newsletters", "Resources", and "Physician Members" while you are there:

http://www.pelvicpain.org/

Have you taken a look at the LINKS section of the IAS? Click: LINKS - at the top of this webpage. You will find many websites on the topics of ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE and CHRONIC PAIN - as well as other adhesion-related topics.

```````````````````````````````````

At Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Jaynie Jarvis wrote:

So sorry for the delay. Anyway really I am doing all the work. My first visit she put (or I put) this monitor in my vagina and the bio-feedback machine has a graph on it and it was up to "4". That is very tight pelvic muscles.

The next visit I did kegal exercises, concentrating on the letting go part and it went down to ".6 ". Now that is quite a difference.

You should not do a strong kegal,just a little one and breath from your belly and imagine blowing it out where ever you hurt . When my pelvic muscles were really relaxed I felt like I was going to urinate. P.T. says that is good.

She also has me doing a lot of lower body stretches. She says I should not be sore, huh !! I could hardly move. Now I am not stetching so much just until I feel a small stretch.

Also there has been some internal work just barely inside vagina. And work on my stomach, that PSOAS MUSCLE AGAIN.

Twice a day I am to listen to a "GUIDED IMAGERY TAPE". It also has AFFIRMATIONS on it. Today I did control my pain by laying down and listening to the tape and 2 tylenol. And so far I have only taken 1 MS Contin. I would like to get off it first because I think it is causing me intestinal pain. I am going to give it a try.

My symptoms now are it hurts after peeing and I can't sit on my butt. I think that is why I have not been on the web too much. Besides the fact that my daddy was in the hospital for a week. He is o.k. now.

Today I was very angry at the pain because I woke up feeling alive and slowly it took my life away. We must not let it do that, take control of the pain do not let it control you!! And low and behold the 1st thing on the tape was about anger and how it makes your pain worse.

The P.T. thinks I might have an adhesion on my bladder. When the bladder is full the adhesion is slack, then I empty it and it pulls on the adhesion. Makes sense.

And I think I must have one on my lower bowel by the anus. (See I do know the proper medical terms). POOPOO is funner if it is offending to anyone let me know and I will try to change. I learned those words from my P.T. we have alot af fun when I am not crying.

Oh yes, when I first started I had to get percocet for added pain from P.T.

Hope this was helpful and I will let you know of my progress. I don't think it will take all my pain away but maybe to where I can tolerate it and control it. This would not be for everyone - some of us have to go ahead and have surgery. THANKS FOR BEING HERE, JAYNIE

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: