Re: Life is good after an adhesiolysis....or is it????

Sun Feb 6 12:40:47 2000

Hello fellow IAS members.. I thought that I would share this story about my first skii trip out since my adhesiolysis surgery!! You can bet that taking a nice long walk feel great when you have not been able to do it for so long, but going skiing again is a whole nother story.as you will see here!! Enjoy!! :-)

In friendship Bev

Thought I would share a little of what can happen once your feeling better and maybe you can learn something from this...just a little humor in my life as I respond to a fellow ARD members wish for us to have a nice ski trip this morning ( Sunday, Feb. 6th )!!

Have fun skiing, Bev! We are back from that...man! Took two good falls and hit my hip hard!! Laughed so darn hard peed my pants! Good thing I grabbed a depends...( old habits die hard!! ;-) ) It was great! Not stress incontinence, as I sure wasn't stressed, just laughing so hard as I lay there like a beached whale!! Man, Anne, the only reason I made myself get up and not be towed out by my feet was that I felt if I laid there any longer a group would gather and they would sell tickets for people to look at me laying there!!! You know, gull dang city does anything for extra revenue these days!!! Took all the hills just fine but fell over just standning there on the trail!! ( Bevs laughing so hard again she's thinking about grabbing another depends!!! ) I couldn't bend over to untie my ski boot after I hit my hip, but then I realized it wasn't from my hip that I couldn't reach my boot, but realized it was really my fat stomach that stopped me from reaching that boot tie..oh,well, I just continued to use that hip as an excuse for asking for help!!!!!!!! What the heck, why not, huh!!! I feel like I went out there and got beat to hell and came home!! Great day though as at the very least I did it.. but, I need to rethink what I think is good stuff these days!! Whew!!

Catch you again...( Bev is still laughing so hard as she hobbles off to the couch, she feels like she needs a heating pad, diet coke & rum!! :-) And if Bernie so much as smiles at her and winks, she'll cuff him right beside the head!!!! Have a great day !! I did!!! ;-) In friendship .......Bev

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: